Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama Campaign Workers Angry Over Unpaid Wages

From Reg Space:
Apparently, there are some very upset folks that worked long and hard to get Obama elected, standing in line in Indianapolis only to find HALF their earnings missing and in some cases, none at all.

Over 400 people are standing in line at the Obama Campaign Head Quarters waiting for their paychecks in the form of pre-paid VISA cards, ironically, the same method of payment from which Obama received 300 Million dollars in untraceable donations...

"I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!" yelled one former campaign worker.

People complaining of not getting their money or being shorted were instructed to file a claim with the campaign and someone would get back with them.

"Still that's not right. I'm disappointed. I'm glad for the president, but I'm disappointed in this system," said Diane Jefferson, a temporary campaign worker.

"It should have been $480. It's $230," said Imani Sankofa

"They gave us $10 an hour. So we added it. I added up all the hours and it was supposed to be at least $120. All I got is $90," said Charles Martin.

"I worked nine hours a day for 4 days and got paid half of what I should have earned," said Randall Waldon...

Perhaps Obama is just "Spreading their Wealth around" or perhaps it was just poor community Organizing or perhaps it's just Obama's first real executive financial management on display.........