Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chills and Thrills and Goosebumps, Oh My

"It gives me goose bumps to think about the path that has brought you here today..."
Rhode Island Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse speaking to Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor at her senate confirmation hearing - July 15, 2009

"Well, I'm getting one of those thrills I get about America. I'm sorry, I'm shouldn't say this. And I'm getting it again... When she talked about sitting at that table and not being a genius like Barack Obama, not being one of these people that can walk into a college scholarship, who had to sweat for it..."
MSNBC's Chris Matthews gushing over Sonia Sotomayer's opening statement at her senate confirmation hearing - July 13, 2009

"My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."
Chris Matthews gushing upon hearing a speech from Barack Obama - Feb. 12, 2008


"I have to tell ya, a little chill in my legs now."
Chris Matthews reacting to Barack Obama's address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention